Main navigation | Main content
Our Career Services Goals and Philosophy
We also believe that students who get involved with programs and activities beyond the classroom are more likely to find career success. This includes internships, volunteer positions, off-campus study programs, student groups, and extra-curricular activities.
- We are committed to helping students choose a major and explore career paths so that they can succeed in university, and can graduate in a four-year timeline.
- We help students understand the value of a liberal arts degree. We help them explore CLA majors and the many career paths open to CLA students.
- We encourage students to find internships and volunteer experiences that integrate with their academic learning. We prepare them to conduct these searches successfully.
- We teach students about current career and job market trends.
- We help students prepare for graduate or professional school by providing them with resources to explore programs, guiding them through the application process, and offering a recommendation letters service.
- We encourage students to make use of faculty expertise in various fields of study. We encourage them to look into research opportunities with faculty.